lefttop righttop
leftborder
rightborder
leftborder
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: OK. Let's take a vote and hear from you  (Read 1704 times)
Sue
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2010, 10:50:00 AM »

I would pay for the info. I think it is valuable to connect to more experienced people and get the word on new products.  Sign me up!
John Akehurst
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2010, 11:18:25 AM »

Steve, I don't think your analysis of the "what can I get for free?" is too far off base.  In my mind, that is what caused the demise of the Mid-Atlantic IL Conference.  Very few people were willing to donate their time to work on it, yet were always ready with criticism with what was wrong....including that they wanted to pay less to attend.  Can't have it both ways!  It was rather sad, as there always seemed to be interest in having the conference.

Julie
Ditto.
Kathy Fediw
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2010, 11:57:20 AM »

Folks, you already HAVE an online magazine! It's called I-Plants and we've been publishing since March.  We are already up to 950+ subscribers after starting with about 650 so we're growing rapidly.  This is delivered to your email inbox once a month and it's FREE!!!  And it's all about interiorscaping.

We are lining up additional writers for 2011 (in addition to Barb Helfman who has been writing articles for us.)  So far McRae Anderson is on board and we have several others we're talking with, we'll keep you posted.  If any of you are interested email me at Kathy@JfaConsultingBiz.com  And email me if you're not already getting it and we'll add you to the subcriber list.

The magazine is full-color and includes links to websites, YouTube and so on.  It's available in the very cool page-turn format as well as PDF.  Back issues are archived for 6 months in the pageturn version and 12 months in the PDF version.

We've had articles about eco-friendly plant containers, sales and marketing, plant care, green walls, holiday and other interiorscape topics.  We include information on upcoming industry events, news from GPGB, and other up-to-the-minute information.

Oh, did I mention it's FREE?

And it comes out 10 issues per year.  Seems like a no-brainer to me! 

-Kathy Fediw
Kathy Fediw
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2010, 12:13:09 PM »

Lynn Griffith just signed up to write for I-Plants magazine!  More updates later.
-Kathy Fediw
Patrice Watine
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2010, 12:40:05 PM »

Sounds like everybody is trying to capitalize on this thing...
If it's all free and there is no money to make, why can't everybody join forces and create a one stop website that combines all the features?
SteKatBar.com
Surely no one has registered that one  Roll Eyes
Julie A. Blymire
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2010, 02:45:23 PM »

OK, I must have Monday "slow brain".  What's SteKatBar.com stand for, Patrice?  I'm usually pretty quick to catch on, but my brain is being slug-like today.  I'm working on being witty on some holiday promotional literature.  That must be where my brain cells are.

Julie
Patrice Watine
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2010, 03:31:31 PM »

Just another stupid joke really...
Anyway Barb, Kathy and Steve seem to be at this point the 3 internet connections we can all get info from and thru but also 3 that are posting here.
So it goes back to idea of getting everybody together under one roof.
...idea that I won't mention anymore since it doesn't seem to make much waves..
Oh well, something positive will come out of all this.
aggaboo
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2010, 03:39:35 PM »

Julie,

SteKatBar = Steve / Kathy / Barbara  Wink

AmI smart or what  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

BTW... I think collaboration is a good thing and would be willing to discuss with Kathy and Barb.

I think there's a place/need for both the e-zine format AND the website and both already exist as Kathy mentioned. While I think the content should be FREE to the user (or almost free) revenue is necessary to pay for the time and effort that go into making these things happen. Believe me, when I tell you this stuff is VER time consuming. I'm sure Kathy would agree and Barb too now that she's gotten her toes wet in web marketing with her and MJ's e-newsletter.

Another option would be getting one of the Associations involved in the effort and I think "someone" may be working on that already.

Kathy, I'd be willing to house the archives of your articles on Interiorplantscaper.com FOREVER if you're interested.

Steve back to work now  Wink

SF
Julie A. Blymire
« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2010, 04:37:50 PM »

Yup, Steve, ya got me on that one.  Remind me not to go up against you in a bid situation on a Monday...or you, Patrice, given that you created it!

Roll Eyes

Julie
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Jump to:  

rightborder
leftborder